me @ ur help

Friday, July 22, 2011

Parking app a big hit

Australian teen’s parking app a big hit

An Australian teenager's iPhone app that helps users remember where they parked their car and lets them know when their parking time was running out has become a huge hit.

Brandon Cowan, 17, a student at Masada College in Sydney's North Shore, developed the iParkedHere iPhone app with friend Hilton Rosenfeld, Sydney Morning Herald reported.

He said the $2.49 app was the number 1 top-grossing app in the Lifestyle category on the iTunes app store.

"At the moment we are keeping the money in the company but I will probably be saving it for a house when I'm older," Cowan was quoted as saying.

Brandon said that their company, Crazy Dog Apps, last week signed an agreement with an gaming firm to develop an app for it.

They have also made a basic prototype of an app to prepare shopping lists.

Brandon is now having second thoughts on attending university.

He said: "I'm not 100 per cent sure what I want to do after school but probably something to do with what I am doing now."

No comments: