me @ ur help

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Top 5 SEO Tips


Below are my top 5 tips on SEO, for which I feel have helped my websites the most.

1. Content Content and more Content:
Fresh unique content is king. I built some webpages and then never updated them or changed them and focused on building links. Once I realized my site traffic was dropping off I begun to update the content once again and the site traffic returned. Linkbuilding is important, but so is fresh content, especially for a new website or in a highly competitive market.

2. Link Building
You write all you want and keep it fresh, but you need links to get traffic there. Link exchanges are the best. Its my recommendation to build a "feeder" site or two from a different IP address and exchange links from those sites. Pay special attention to building links within your industry. A link from a car dealership when you are selling SEO doesn't help as mush as a link from an SEO website.

3. Meta Tag Optimization
Make sure your Meta Tags are optimized. There are all kinds of free seo tools out there do this. In fact you can find them on the forum right here. Keep your tags short and simple and pick a few keywords to optimize. This is an easy and quick way to increase search results for your site.

4. Forum Posting
If your here your doing the right thing. Forum posting is a great way to build backlinks, and you just might learn something as well. I post at 5 or 6 different forums a few times a week. Most forums relate to my industry.

5. Blogs
Google loves Blogs. I recommend you build a blog on your website. This is an easy way to add fresh content to your website and is also a way to build good internal links. I also Blog from outside my website (you can use wordpress or blogger) which lets me gain good backlinks from my own postings.

No comments: